Made up of world-renowned scientists, the Committee’s task is to ensure that Telethon funds are assigned to the most promising projects from among those submitted in response to our calls for proposals. It also monitors the work of our Institutes.
Our Scientific Committee places excellence at the heart of every evaluation; this is the principle on which its members base their choice of which projects are worthy of funding, never overlooking the fact that those same projects must be relevant to patients’ needs and contribute towards finding a cure. Our Scientific Committee members are from all over the world and remain in office for four years.
The members of the Scientific Committee
- Yvan Arsenijevic, Hôpital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Åsa Gustafsson, UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (San Diego, La Jolla, CA - USA)
- Simon Heales, University College London – UCL (UK)
- Kanneboyina Nagaraju, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Binghamton University (Binghamton, NY - USA)
- Bradley B. Olwin, University of Colorado (Boulder, CO - USA)
- Francesc Palau, Institute of Rare and Genetic Diseases (Barcelona, Spain)
- Massimo Pandolfo, Erasme Hospital (Brussels, Belgium)
- Michael Talkowski, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA (USA)