The Spring Seed Grant initiative by Fondazione Telethon in synergy with the Patients’ Associations aims at funding one-year seed research projects with a maximum budget of 50,000 €. This call will give the opportunity to generate data and create new knowledge to pave the road for the development of new therapeutic approaches.
Prior to submitting your application, please consider the following:
- Italian investigators - working either in public or private Italian non-profit research Institutions - within and outside Telethon Institutes are eligible irrespectively of their funding status with Fondazione.
- Each researcher can apply, as Lead Applicant or as Collaborator, to one of the 4 Seed Grant Calls only.
- Scientists applying to a Seed Grant Call may apply also to the Telethon Rare Genetic Diseases and Covid-19 Call and to the General Grant Call, which will be opened in the next months.
Agreements with 4 Associations have been reached and therefore 4 different monothematic research calls are now open and the following disease:
Please note the following deadlines:
- Portal registration (https://projects.telethon.it) and insertion of the proposal title: May 13, 2020.
- Application Submission: June 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM (CEST).
Below you can find the informaiton for each call:
Note for the applicants of the Glycogen storage disease type 1b call: we apologize, the association has requested additional time to take the final decision, therefore the results will be communicated in September.
Spinocerebellar ataxia and Friedrich ataxia call in partnership with Associazione Italiana per la lotta alle Sindromi Atassiche (A.I.S.A.) Download the Call.
Infantile-onset ascending hereditary spastic paralysis (IAHSP) call in partnership with Help Holly association. Download the Call.