The 2021 Spring Seed Grant initiative in synergy with the Patients’ Associations is now open. The initiative aims at funding one-year seed research projects with a maximum budget of 50,000 €. This call will give the opportunity to generate data and create new knowledge to pave the road for the development of new therapeutic approaches.
Italian investigators - working either in public or private Italian non-profit research Institutions are eligible irrespectively of their funding status with Fondazione.
Each researcher can apply, as Lead Applicant or as Collaborator, to one of the 4 Seed Grant Calls only.
Agreements with 4 Associations have been reached and 4 different monothematic research calls will be open soon on the following diseases:
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (FOP);
- Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction;
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia - Kartagener Syndrome;
- Sanfilippo Syndrome – Mucopolysaccharidosis Type 3
The Calls, the Guidelines for the Applicants and the Application sample in pdf format are available below and on the TeTra portal at https://projects.telethon.it where it is possible to access the online Application.
- March 30th, 2021: opening of call for Applications;
- by April 9th, 2021, applicants should:
- register on the TeTra portal at https://projects.telethon.it
- submit the project’s title
- fill in the Type of Research section, providing the name and code of the disease, the Research Type and Research Step
- April 30th, 2021 at 1 pm: submission deadline.
See calls details:
- the call for research projects on the Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (FOP) in partnership with the association F.O.P. Italia ODV;
- the call for research projects on the Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction in partnership with the association Poic e Dintorni Onlus;
- the call for research projects on the Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia - Kartagener Syndrome in partnership with the association A.I.D. Kartagener;
- the call for research projects on the Sanfilippo Syndrome – Mucopolysaccharidosis Type 3 in partnership with the association Sanfilippo Fighters ODV.